Velsoft’s New Year’s Resolutions Revealed
Six Velsoftians were willing to put their New Year’s Resolutions out there. Congratulations! You now have a chance to be in the less than 10 per cent of people who are successful in keeping their resolutions! To increase your chances of success in this area: make your resolutions realistic and reward yourself periodically for sticking to your resolution.
So here are the things the Velsoft team members resolve to do in 2018:
Jean (International) get more than six hours of sleep per day, exercise program, modify diet and learn Spanish.
Carol (Senior Editor) To celebrate the New Year, I resolve to continue to eat chocolate, and to read more. I don’t do either thing enough 😉 … Jim (CEO) laughed at me one day when I was reading a novel at my desk at lunch time and taking a “break” from my work, which involves a lot of reading. I may have been eating chocolate at the time… But seriously, I don’t usually make New Year’s Resolutions. If I decide I want to do something in my life, I don’t wait until the year changes to do so.
Dave (Account Manager/ Learning Consultant) I resolve to be happier and make more money this year. In other words, I need to make changes… Oh, the changes…
Michael (CHO) Stop smoking and start at the gym!
Cindy (Account Manager/ Learning Consultant) I don’t have New Year’s Resolutions, but I reaffirm areas in my life that I would like to see continued growth and development. So, this year, every day, I would like to see the world and the people in my world and beyond in a positive, respectful and loving light. To find the good despite the bad. So, I choose this path and I will try to stay on it the best I can.
Dylan (Mr. Graphic) While I do not believe in the idea of New Year’s Resolutions, the timing for my decision to join the gym is rather coincidental.
What’s in the Pipeline:
- Carol and Kevin are still learning all about marketing and editing March releases.
- Ian S. is doing maintenance on our eLearning courses.
- Jan is creating eLearning for our January releases and applying our new course templates.
- Keith is working on February CA course releases.
- Sydney is working on custom projects.
- Work is in progress on Gamification/Badging.
- The developer tools button will be relocated to the editor toolbar in the coming weeks.
- Work is in progress on expiration reminders.
Courses released this month:
Here is the official count of courses for both courseware and eLearning, broken down by Computer and SoftSkills.
Did you know:
The top New Year’s resolutions for 2017, according to K International were:
- Diet, exercise and weight loss
- Read more
- Learn something new
- Save money
- Be a nicer human
- Get a new job
- Give more time and money to charity
- Drink less
- Sleep more
- Make new friends