The Velsoft Palatial Head Office Orchestra
This week, with the assistance of Carol (Senior Editor), I set out to create a Velsoft Orchestra based on the personalities that typically play the orchestral instruments. The idea came when I was reading an article by Zoran Mihajlovski called ‘Personality, Intelligence and Musical Instrument’ (stuck in a hotel for the weekend with loads of time on my hands).I give you…. The Velsoft Orchestra!
|Concert Flute||shy, private, very pleasant but complicated||Sydney|
|Piccolo||Thick skinned, want to be center of attention||New Hire|
|Clarinet||bright, alert, confident and sociable||Kevin|
|Saxophone||confident, happy, hard worker, well-balanced and gregarious||Michael|
|Oboe||social and positive but not part of the crowd||Brandon|
|Bassoon||self-confident, gregarious with a quiet sense of humor||Scott|
|Trumpet||sociable, fun, ambitious and independent||Luke|
|Baritone||gentle, peaceful, responsible- a great team player||New Hire|
|French Horn||meticulous, conscientious, intense, hardworking and persistent||Rachael|
|Trombone||artistic, hardworking, quietly sociable and sensitive||Jan|
|Euphonium||responsive, not intimidated by things and don’t dwell on problems||Ian T|
|Tuba||responsive, good-natured, happy and noticeable||Ian S|
|Violin||quietly behaved, know what you want and are willing to make mistakes on your journey||Ben|
|Viola||diligent, kindly, patient and forgiving of others||Cindy|
|Cello||shy, need the respect of others but don’t like the limelight and your life is balanced||Dylan|
|Double Bass||dominate, love a challenge and can overcome most obstacles||Jim|
|Xylophone||class clown that uses humor to mask how hard you’re working||Dave|
|Drum kit||work hard for the team but like the limelight every once in a while||Carol|
|Secondary Percussion||hyperactive and restless||New Hire|
|Piano||hardworking, quietly intelligent and conscientious||Keith|
|Bass guitar||great problem solver and just so cool||James|
|Classical Guitar||self-reliant and independent and enjoys being alone||Sandra|
What’s in the Pipeline:
- Carol and Kevin are still learning all about marketing.
- Ian S. is compiling a new custom eCourse.
- Jan is completing the eLearning CA and applying our new course templates
- Keith is getting ready for our February and March CA course releases.
- Sydney is working on custom projects.
- Added new theme to select from when creating a course.
- Work is in progress on badging.
- Work is in progress on automated expiration reminders.
Courses released this month:
Here is the official count of courses for both courseware and eLearning, broken down by Computer and SoftSkills.
Did you know:
- The Royal Danish Orchestra is the oldest active orchestra. It began in 1448. And no, I did not help start the band!
- In Vienna they have a Vegetable Orchestra — you guest it, all their instruments are made from vegetables. No tomatoes though — they’re fruits!
- Interestingly orchestras in the United States are tuned to A440 (Hz) while many European orchestras tune to the traditional A444 (Hz). My son who is studying music at university tells me this is a big deal. He also mentioned Bagpipes tune up to A476 (Hz), hence their absence from orchestras!
- According to the World Record Academy, the largest orchestra was comprised of 7,548 musicians. They played in Frankfurt, Germany in 2016.