Random Acts of Kindness at Velsoft
This weekend we are asked to perform Random Acts of Kindness. When I was planning for this blog, I thought first I would start with a definition, so I asked my friend Wikipedia and found the following:
A random act of kindness is a non-premeditated, inconsistent action designed to offer kindness towards the outside world.
Then I thought about random acts of kindness I’ve seen over the years at Velsoft. Every day here people are giving compliments, saying thank you to people for things they do, encouraging people to pursue their dreams, and buying small gifts for people — just because. And there was the time Dave decided one day that he would organize an Appreciation Day for Michael. He raced around decorating the office and sent a couple of us to get food and a cake. It turned out fantastically. I’m sure if Michael hadn’t been on vacation, he would have loved it!
As I thought more, though, I realized the idea of Random Acts of Kindness Day (Sunday, Feb. 17) is to do random acts of kindness. In my research I found an example of someone who sent around a paper listing the names of people at their workplace and asking what they appreciated most about each of these people. So, I decided to do this at the New Glasgow Velsoft campus.
I then gave each employee the comments their co-workers had made about them (without identifying the authors’ identities). Here is a sample of the results:
What’s in the Pipeline
- Carol is updating older courses, and editing custom projects.
- Dylan is creating graphics for custom and internal customers.
- Ben is working on custom projects.
- Jan is working on CA course components and eLearning QA.
- Sydney is creating custom eLearning courses and working on custom projects.
Courses released this month:
Here is the official count of courses for both courseware and eLearning:
Random Acts of Kindness Ideas
If you’re looking for some ideas:
- Help at a veterinarian’s office
- Insert coins into someone’s parking meter
- Buy a movie ticket for the person behind you
- Hold open the doors for people
- Leave money for Dave on his desk
- Shovel a neighbor’s driveway when it snows
- Learn to say hello in a different language to different people
- Bring in donuts for your co-workers
- Pay for someone’s morning coffee
From Natural Beach Living Blog