Introducing Velsoft’s summer students
Back in May, through Getting to Know Velsoft, we introduced summer student Luke Henderson. Recently, two other students joined the Velsoft team, so we thought we’d get acquainted with them as well.
Although they’re sitting on the advertising side of the office, they’re both working as members of the content creation/production team. They will both be working at the head office until the end of August at which time they’ll return to school.
Name: Clare Henderson
Position: Junior Learning Architect (Summer Student)
Clare makes samples of courses for people to download. While samples have always been available to computer users, until now they haven’t been available to users of mobile devices. Clare is also making the samples more visually attractive and highlighting different features of the course material.
Background: High school student. She will enter Grade 12 in the fall.
A few fun facts about Clare:
- She says the most interesting place she’s ever visited is Hawaii (!) because it was relaxing and she saw sea turtles.
- Her favorite TV show is The X-Files and her favorite band is Bon Jovi.
- Clare’s spirit animal is a bear because “they eat a lot and sleep even more,” which is what she likes to do in her free time!
- Something she can’t live without are her three cats – Sid, Spooky and Scully.
- She’s related to two other Velsoftians.
Name: Christopher Langille
Position: Junior Learning Environment Designer, audio (Summer Student)
Christopher is updating all courses by applying text-to-speech to them. This will allow clients to listen to a course, making it easier to follow and engage with. Now instructors can immediately deploy courses to a more diverse group of learners.
Background: High school student. He will enter Grade 10 in September.
A few fun facts about Christopher:
- The most interesting place he’s ever visited is Orlando, Florida.
- Something Christopher can’t live without is the internet.
- If he could only eat one food for the rest of his life it would be cereal, and if he could travel anywhere, he would go to California.
- He’s related to one other Velsoftian.
What’s in the Pipeline:
- Ben is finishing up some external projects and starting some new ones.
- Carol is editing new courses and writing blogs.
- Chris is adding text-to-speech audio to our entire course library.
- Clare is creating pdf course instructor guide samples.
- Jan is working on CA course components and QAing eLearning.
- Sydney is working on custom projects and eLearning courses.
Courses released this month:
Here is the official count of courses for both courseware and eLearning, broken down by Computer and SoftSkills.